Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the most infectious gaming community on the Internet!

Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the online videogames community for all gaming fans and enthusiasts. Become a member today to get access to our gaming discussion forums, community servers, events, and more. Click the button below to create your free account now!

Doom [PC/PS4/XB1]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by hyp3rstrike, May 17, 2016.

1. hyp3rstrike

hyp3rstrike Community Owner
    Staff Member

Who has the latest iteration of DOOM?

I've got it on PC as part of a review I'm doing, and I think @RaptorShadow and @InfernoPanda have it on XB1.

Thoughts? Killing demons is wicked fun.

2. Ulnarevern

Ulnarevern New Member

I think I'd like to have the PC to play it XD

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  3. InfernoPanda

InfernoPanda Admin
    Staff Member

I'd like it on PC also, but I couldn't say no to $60 at Costco for the XBox One version. Plus then I can play it when Jess is on her laptop playing FFXI.

4. MeaKitty

MeaKitty Biohazard Kitteh
    Staff Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I don't own it. I can't afford it. ~runs away from the thread so as to avoid spoilers~

5. BlindSquirrel

Epic Member

is it better on the motion sickness than the old one?

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  6. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

lol yeah, no overtly exaggerated movement bobbing.

7. Ulnarevern

Ulnarevern New Member

I read it was a good game, faster than current FPS but slower than original, and with an average multiplayer. Is that true in your opinion?

8. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

Loving the campaign, disagree with the comments regarding multiplayer.

The campaign is fun to rip demons apart with a variety of weapons and melee kills. Favourite weapons are chainsaw and shotgun. Much gore. Wow.

Multiplayer is essentially old school arena FPS (fast paced, no iron sights, pickups, varying map levels etc) with a dash of modern core mechanics (unlockables, levelling, character customization etc).

Shameless plug and to save me rewriting it, here's the preview I wrote for @Sticky Trigger:http://www.stickytrigger.com/games/doom-hands-on-preview/

With the multiplayer, it's down to opinion, but I think a lot of the negative multiplayer reviews are expecting Doom to reinvent multiplayer FPS - but there's just simply no call for it, or reason to, with Doom.

It's enjoyable and a huge throwback to the fps games I grew up playing with.

9. Ulnarevern

Ulnarevern New Member

Oh ok so basically people are whining because unrealistically high expectations again... Thanks for your opinion! :)

(also, have you played Shadow Warrior reboot? It was the same kind of old-school experience, I did love it, but I am going off topic)

10. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

Pretty much. It's the same with any genre nowadays, which often completely discredits the game for whatever it *does* bring to the table.
    No, I haven't. Not even played the original lol.

11. Ulnarevern

Ulnarevern New Member

Get Shadow Warrior and play it. Fast-paced action, blood, gore, badass weaponry, magic and katanas. If you enjoyed the solo campaign of Doom you may love Shadow Warrior. I don't know Doom enough but it is apparently kind of different. No matter what, it's a good game (and those landscapes... So beautiful!)

True that!
    Sadly I fear that Doom will end up being on the games I want to play but never will because I don't have the computer yet, then I'll have other games to play :/

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  12. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

You could, dare I say it, get it for console?

Ulnarevern likes this.
  13. Ulnarevern

Ulnarevern New Member

I won't ^-^
    I'm not putting +300€ in a console when I should change my PC in 6-9 months (I wanted to change in 2014 already but that's another problem), and I'm definitely a mouse + keyboard player. I can handle a controller correctly, but I'll keep that to play with my friends at their house and for emulators :)
    Plus I lack a good TV screen at home (the current one isn't even 720p I think, enough for my parents but not for gaming). So that'd add up to the price of a console XD

hyp3rstrike likes this.