Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the most infectious gaming community on the Internet!

Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the online videogames community for all gaming fans and enthusiasts. Become a member today to get access to our gaming discussion forums, community servers, events, and more. Click the button below to create your free account now!

Hitbox.tv, a new streaming alternative to Twitch

Discussion in 'Technology' started by hyp3rstrike, Aug 23, 2014.

1. hyp3rstrike

hyp3rstrike Community Owner
    Staff Member

Yesterday I was introduced to a new streaming service (and broadcasting software) through an internal communication system at work.

Introducing Hitbox.tv, a service that is currently in open beta with a much simpler, stripped down version of Twitch that is free, easier to use (in my opinion) and gives you the tools to get your stream started with guides on how to manage your encoding, bandwidth and more.

[​IMG]
    (Ignore the fact I have no content. I did some testing last night without the "add to recordings option" set on).

I know there is a few people who do some streaming here, which I think this will be useful. One of the cool things I found on Hitbox is the "teams" profile, where you create a team and add other users into it where all of their streams are compiled onto a single, neat profile.

I took to liberty of reserving Biohaze Gaming for us, so if you're interesting in adding streams to it, hit me up via PM with your username and I'll add your Hitbox account to the team.

Its free to use also, but I'm told that it runs ads during streams occasionally. Users have the ability to run a 90 second adbreak on demand too, for those times you need to run to the bathroom to take a piss or something.

2. MeaKitty

MeaKitty Biohazard Kitteh
    Staff Member

Oh nice! Will definitely have to look into it. That sounds like an awesome site already. Is that where you've been streaming from?

3. hyp3rstrike

hyp3rstrike Community Owner
    Staff Member

Yep. My connection is shithouse so it comes up all blocky.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk