Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the most infectious gaming community on the Internet!

Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the online videogames community for all gaming fans and enthusiasts. Become a member today to get access to our gaming discussion forums, community servers, events, and more. Click the button below to create your free account now!

If you bought a computer from 'The Pad' closing down, WARNING!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Anhevius, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Anhevius

Anhevius New Member

If you, or anyone you know, has bought one of the computers the accountants sold off when The Pad/The Game Pad, whatever the place was called, IMMEDIATELY check the PSU.

Mine has a Thermaltake TT-450NL1NH-1 450w in it. It is not capable of running the system on anything graphic intensive, and cuts out randomly. Plus, many people online have made statements about theirs melting the SATA power points, and/or the equipment connected to them.

hyp3rstrike and MeaKitty like this.
  2. hyp3rstrike

hyp3rstrike Community Owner
    Staff Member

Well, shit. That's pretty bad. Thanks for the heads up.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried contacting the owners of Pad about it? Did the unit come with any sort of warranty?

#2 hyp3rstrike, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    Anhevius likes this.
  3. MeaKitty

MeaKitty Biohazard Kitteh
    Staff Member

The Pad closed down and all computers were sold off by the lawyers in an attempt to recoup some of the debt. There's no warranty offered on any of them. They come "as is".

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

4. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

What I'm reading on the ACCC website says otherwise. It's not strictly a warranty claim, but it's still an unsafe product regardless of if it was sold with warranty or not.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-protection/buying-safe-products

I don't think the product being sold by a third party means that the product shouldn't be questioned under this. At the very least, it's an extra expense that @Anhevius will need to cover to replace the power supply which was not advised prior to the sale of the product.

I'm fairly sure you're covered by the link above and I'd be asking questions at this stage.

MeaKitty likes this.
  5. Anhevius

Anhevius New Member

Sadly, that only applies to recognized products. All of the information I have is from people online that never filed reports with their government about the quality of the power supplies. So without substantive evidence to support my claim of dangerous equipment, the lawyers would eat me alive.

6. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

Perhaps a demonstration? lmao.

7. Anhevius

Anhevius New Member

Yes. Works for me. With a few hundred liters of diesel and a magnesium flare.

hyp3rstrike likes this.