Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the most infectious gaming community on the Internet!

Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the online videogames community for all gaming fans and enthusiasts. Become a member today to get access to our gaming discussion forums, community servers, events, and more. Click the button below to create your free account now!

Looking for a 144hz Monitor, suggest me!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by hyp3rstrike, May 12, 2016.

1. hyp3rstrike

hyp3rstrike Community Owner
    Staff Member

I'm in the market for a new monitor upgrade from the one I have.

Currently, I have a BENQ GL2440 that's served me faithfully for the last four or so years, but now it's time to upgrade to something with a higher frame rate.

Looking for a reasonably priced, good brand monitor that can do 120fps or more, with 24 inches of screen space or larger - preferably with a non-upscaled resolution (ie. 1080p in a 27").

2. MeaKitty

MeaKitty Biohazard Kitteh
    Staff Member

"But @hyp3rstrike , human eyes can't see anything above 25fps. It would be a waste"

~runs away~

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  3. hyp3rstrike

hyp3rstrike Community Owner
    Staff Member

You're lucky I like you, otherwise I'd be tearing you to shreds. :p

I call bullshit on that fact though, as I can definitely notice the difference between 25, 30, 60, and 120 fps. 25 -30 is stuttery as fuck, 60 is smooth but when it drops lower than that by a few frames, you can definitely notice.

120fps doe... its like touching your face ever so smooth and glorious.
    [​IMG]

MeaKitty likes this.
  4. MeaKitty

MeaKitty Biohazard Kitteh
    Staff Member

I wouldn't know. It's out of my price range. Hopefully there's someone here with the knowledge you're seeking. Who's our Tech-Yoda?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  5. BlindSquirrel

Epic Member

my monitor's max res is 1600x900.

6. Ulnarevern

Ulnarevern New Member

Mmh I can't help you with a precise model, but what you're searching for/should be looking for:
    - Good refresh rate (because you want it)
    - Good reactivity (that comes handy in fast games where every millisecond count)
    - Matt screen (bright screens usually offer better colors, but it's subject to light reflexions and it sucks)
    - Contrast and luminosity values
    - GSync or Freesync if you can, because it's apparently a plus (Gsync if you're Nvidia, Freesync for AMD). I think Gsync screens are a bit better though. Basically, those technologies allow the screen to sync at the framerate the GPU can output, but Freesync screens can usually only get to 40Hz or so, and it depends on the constructor while Gsync has some obligations, so the lowest framerate is like 30Hz or something.
    - View angles. Be careful of the view angles
    - Acceptable colorimetry can interest you if you do some drawing/modelling stuff

But basically, I think you'd be better off googling "120Hz gamer screen comparison" and read a few series of tests on different websites if you want some good info ^^

Also, the "Glorious PC Master Race" was first used ironically (starting at 0:50 of this video http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/22-The-Witcher )

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  7. T3RR4

T3RR4 Queen O' B00TY

#7 T3RR4, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  8. Sir Tman

Sir Tman New Member