Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the most infectious gaming community on the Internet!

Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the online videogames community for all gaming fans and enthusiasts. Become a member today to get access to our gaming discussion forums, community servers, events, and more. Click the button below to create your free account now!

Star Wars: Episode VII "The Force Awakens"

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by hyp3rstrike, Nov 28, 2014.

1. hyp3rstrike

hyp3rstrike Community Owner
    Staff Member

Ladies and mentlegen, it has arrived - the teaser trailer for the newest entry into the Star Wars saga is here.

What is your opinion on it?

I think its good. Doesn't quite captivate me yet, but its a teaser, so that may change. Not a fan of the crusader blade styled lightsaber though.

2. cbik

cbik That New Guy

I think it'll be a good movie, but don't know if it'll live up to Star Wars standards.
    It seems to me that there are imperial remnants and that this new evil guy is connected with them, and i don't know if i like that. I like his saber, as it is new and will probably only be his. (also it's design will allow for new fighting styles).
    Also, that guy in the beginning and flashes of troops remind me of republic troops, not storm troopers, so maybe an old remnant of republic troops return, which would be cool.

3. Ddraig

Ddraig Sometimes here
    Epic Member

Yay, another Star Wars movie. I am starting to tire of Star Wars Movies, its like Rocky when will it end. I can see the headlines in the future. The year is 3001 coming to a cinema near you, Star Wars Episode 250 Where the Jedi began the prequel to end all prequels.
    However the trailer looks good so I guess I am making another trip for another premier midnight screening of Star Wars.

4. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

lol

Ddraig likes this.
  5. Ddraig

Ddraig Sometimes here
    Epic Member

The one thing I can say about Star Wars is its stood the test of time. I remember when I was 12 and watched the first Star Wars movie. Yes it was in 1977. Would never have thought it would be still going 37 years later.

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  6. Awsomonium

Epic Member

Since I love Star Wars, I'm really hoping it'll be genuinely good and not just a way to sell toys or something. But I'm gonna see it anyway. I just hope Mara Jade is in it in some form.

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  7. cbik

cbik That New Guy

I was just having this conversation with some other people and while I personally think we'll see her they aren't too sure.
    Since the EU isn't "canon" anymore, technically Mara Jade might never had existed in Star Wars.
    I personally think it'd be easier for the writers to use Mara Jade
    as Luke's wife
    than to write in a new girl, but most of them think she'll be replaced or will never had existed.

8. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

Many of us from this community, including @Kast, @Zaxara and a few others are still pretty mad about Lucasfilm axing the Expanded Universe. While their reasoning made sense from a creative standpoint, in that the EU limits them on what they can do to develop new stories (because tying into existing lore is a fickle thing), I still think it was a dick move. Hoping that they do retain some of the EU lore and build on it rather than go "Nup, your stuff is shit. Here's how it really is."

And @Awsomonium, I totally agree -- if this is another way to sell toys, I'm done.

9. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

10. Awsomonium

Epic Member

I'm pretty sure they will use Mara Jade in some capacity. Even if it's not in the movies. She's a to well established character in the fan base not to.

I mean if they're gonna be looking for strong female character, which they inevitiably will, look to further then Mara Jade.

Even if she doesn't end up being (what you said in the spoiler tag) she'll be used in some capacity.

You can't just not use a character like that.

I'm also hoping for Pellaeon and Thrawn to rock up, but thats less likely.

11. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

What you're forgetting is that any previous lore that came from the expanded universe (including Mara Jade, Thrawn, the later Sith lords of the New Sith Empire etc) are all now an "alternate" reality to "George Lucas' Star Wars" universe. If Mara Jade or Thrawn were to show up, I'd bet they'd be characters in name only.

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page

Edit: I should clarify that the nuked parts of the EU apply to anything past Return of the Jedi, which is where Mara Jade exists.

12. Awsomonium

Epic Member

Well technically, there is a Mara book that take place between Episode IV and V, but that was probably included.

I know they might not be used in the same capacity, but I just can't believe that such brilliant characters won't be reused it at least a similar capacity. Eg Mara could still be in it, but instead of being Emperor's Hand she could be a force sensitive raised by a cartel as an assassin or something along those line.

Hell even if they make Thrawn a foot note in the "what happened between episode VI and VII" That would be enough acknowledgement.

hyp3rstrike likes this.