Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the most infectious gaming community on the Internet!

Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the online videogames community for all gaming fans and enthusiasts. Become a member today to get access to our gaming discussion forums, community servers, events, and more. Click the button below to create your free account now!

PC The MOBA Thread -- Free for all discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by hyp3rstrike, Jul 10, 2014.

1. hyp3rstrike

hyp3rstrike Community Owner
    Staff Member

So, I've received an invite to play the Heroes of the Storm Tech Alpha by Blizzard Entertainment. I made a post about this, and @Punter pointed out that there are already some good games in the MOBA category, why do we need one made by Blizzard -- so I figured rather than continue on Facebook, I'd create this forum thread.

For the uninitiated, a MOBA is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena game. Some examples of this are League of Legends, DOTA/DOTA2, Dawngate and Heroes of the Storm. These are but some of the higher-ranking titles amongst the genre.

MOBA's usually consist of team-based hack and slash gameplay in a small to medium sized map, with NPCs and bases. Those bases are controlled and defended by their respective teams, and the objective (usually) is to push through enemy defenses and destroy their enemy base.

Now, the purpose of this thread is to talk about MOBA games. I know that we all have our favourites, but I don't want to read "DOTA2 or GTFO" or similar posts, because they're just unwelcome. Lets save the hate for other sinkholes of the internet, kk?

So lets discuss MOBAs. What games you like. What characters you like. What features you like. What x-character does better than y-character. What x-game does better than y-game. Lets have a discussion. ;)

2. shadowsquall19

Epic Member

no thanks, haven't played, probably never will.

3. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

Any particular reason why?

4. shadowsquall19

Epic Member

not really. Not one i can readily think about anyway. I guess I just don't like the whole idea of them?

5. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

But you've not played any?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. InfernoPanda

InfernoPanda Admin
    Staff Member

I'm not really a huuuuuuuuuuge fan of them, but I do generally play the likes of DOTA2 and Demigods at LAN's. Can be fun in groups of friends, but I wouldn't pick it up to play in general.

7. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

So, Heroes of the Storm went live for everyone recently. I haven't played for a few months, but I imagine that its leagues better than LoL.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

8. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

So, I'm back into League again with a new champion. Had a realization last night that I'm bored of Darius/tank role, and decided to go ADC. Now playing as Lucian with his twin-magicannon goodness.