Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the most infectious gaming community on the Internet!

Welcome to Biohaze Gaming, the online videogames community for all gaming fans and enthusiasts. Become a member today to get access to our gaming discussion forums, community servers, events, and more. Click the button below to create your free account now!

WINDOWS 10 ROCKS

Discussion in 'Technology' started by jam3sm, Jun 5, 2015.

1. jam3sm

Epic Member

ok so ive been testing the technical preview out last night and today and find it rocks the hell out of the previous ones!
    There is a new feature (add desktop) from the task view:
    [​IMG]

this allows you to create several virtual desktops where you can assign different games/applications to each desktop:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as you can see the style of the ui is more like windows 7 - however some differences in start menu and the control panel:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gaming has definitely taken on a new meaning with visuals being alot better now here is a screenshot of archeage:
    [​IMG]

and here are several for defiance in windows 10:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

windows 10 is amazing to say the least. not to mention that when you do switch desktops for gaming purposes it designates the current desktop to have priority of sound and gfx so the others is barely noticeable

2. hyp3rstrike

hyp3rstrike Community Owner
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    my body is ready.

3. shadowsquall19

Epic Member

speaking of defiance, and recent major updates (last 6 months+)
    EDIT: I realize now that this makes no sense. I also played Defiance, But haven't in the last 6 or so months, since season 2 anyways, any major differences? is it better?

#3 shadowsquall19, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  4. jam3sm

Epic Member

haha yeah defiance rocks i have 3 dlc left to get before i have it all lol love it alot

5. Awsomonium

Epic Member

So is this new multi-desktop, is it similar to alt tabbing? or is it actually separate screens, like having multiple monitors, but just switching between them with one screen?

Edit: Nvm, I found a video on youtube about it.

This is going to be incredibly useful

6. jam3sm

Epic Member

yeah basically its alt tabbing but when u select on said program it switches to that desktop- it also prioritizes the sound etc to that desktop so if u have 4 games running you don't really hear whats happening in all 4 games :)

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  7. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

That'll be helpful for me. World of Warcraft in one window, MInecraft in another to admin shit, and maybe even a third game... Haha.

8. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

So I've just upgraded to Windows 10. I should have dualbooted to try this out, because it's all a little strange.

9. jam3sm

Epic Member

nah its just a matter of getting used to the change in ui:
    also use the media tool to grab yourself a copy of the windows 10 home/pro depending which version you are on now iso
    then go to this link to get your cd key for windows 10 from registery

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  10. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

I didn't need to enter my product key for my desktop, but I'm doing the USB method for my notebook. The product key is written on the sticker underneath so that won't be an issue.

I loved the very slight and minor performance boosts in WoW and Elite Dangerous.

11. jam3sm

Epic Member

well it turns out my pc issues are actually related to my psu failing , every test i ran passes so turns out its not the upgrade or the old parts causing my system to randomly restart , the power requirements or rather the way windows 10 handles the hardware optimization brought the issue forward , this is why i thought of ram/mobo issue, but after extensive testing i find im more stable on windows 8 with turbo mode off but i am able to boost my cpu to 4ghz on stock cooler with max temp of 73c , so i know its a heat issue either,but yeah short version it turns out my psu rail has degraded to the point where it causes( at random intervals) a power drop which kicks the mobos dummy load setting into gear , so all i really needed after all this was a power supply , anyways once i get it ill be stable

12. InfernoPanda

InfernoPanda Admin
    Staff Member

Funnily enough, since I've been using Windows 10 properly after my initial poke around, I haven't even once used the add a desktop function.

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  13. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

Gotta admit, I'm the same.

14. InfernoPanda

InfernoPanda Admin
    Staff Member

It's one of those things that's super awesome to have, but practically I guess I just don't utilize it. But damn you Microsoft should you ever decide to take it away!!

hyp3rstrike likes this.
  15. hyp3rstrike

Staff Member

I've considered a gaming desktop and a work/creative desktop but eh.